QuickBooks: Helping Empower Businesses for Decades
For decades, QuickBooks has been the leading accounting software for small to medium-sized businesses, allowing them to organize their business finances, track performance, process payroll, etc.
One of the most useful tools in QuickBooks is the ability to email attachments easily and seamlessly to customers and coworkers alike. The in-app mailing feature saves you time by letting you email documents straight from the application. Using QuickBooks’ Secure Webmail functionality also ensures the data you are sending is verified and protected.
Why Attach and Send Files from QuickBooks?
One of the most common use cases for emailing attachments from QuickBooks is the ability to send copies of Terms & Conditions, contracts, or images related to an invoice.
Why attach and send files directly from within QuickBooks? Here are a few reasons:
- Improve workflow and productivity: It would be a pain to export and save a file to your desktop, only to re-upload it as an attachment to your email, then send it to the client. Using the QuickBooks’ Secure Webmail in-app feature allows you to skip those extra steps, saving you a few minutes each time you send a file.
- Protect and secure client files: It’s called “Secure Webmail” for a reason. Exporting files to a local desktop introduces unnecessary security risks. Keep your clients’ files confidential and secure using QuickBooks’ wide array of built-in tools.
To start sending attachments from QuickBooks, you just need a few things:
- QuickBooks (obviously)
- A work (or work-friendly) email address
- A sales form, invoice, quote, or other attachment already imported into QuickBooks
The person receiving the email just needs to have a PDF viewing program available since all attachments are sent out in a standard PDF format.
Pro tip: Get the PDF solution superior to Adobe Acrobat in the Right Networks Cloud. Learn more about Foxit® PDF Editor Pro.
Now that we have covered the basics let’s go over the instructions!
QuickBooks Tutorial: How to Attach and Send Files
- Start by opening a Transaction that already has an attachment. If there are currently no files attached, you can click Attach File to add them.
- From this window, select the Email icon. In the drop-down menu, select “[item] and Attached Files“.
- Confirm that the email template, body, and attachments are correct. Then, click Send.
Gain Even More with QuickBooks Hosting
Everyone hates having to log into dozens of different services all the time! And as we mentioned earlier, there are many reasons for staying within one multi-tool application, such as QuickBooks, while you work.
But, what if you wanted to take productivity, security and QuickBooks one step further? That’s where Right Networks comes in.
Our range of QuickBooks Desktop hosting solutions, created for accounting firms and small businesses, gives users one cloud environment to work from. By hosting QuickBooks Desktop in the cloud, users gain security, productivity and workflow advantages—plus so much more. Find out how life in the cloud compares to life outside the cloud by reading through our short infographic.
Keep your Downloads folder clear, save time, and keep your client files secure by linking your email to QuickBooks. If you haven’t set up your email in QuickBooks yet, you can find instructions for the setup process below.
Need More QuickBooks Help?
Click on one of the links below: