If you’ve wondered about what Rootworks membership entails, you’ve come to the right place!
Maybe you’re an accounting firm owner, struggling to create consistent year-round revenue. Or maybe you work at a firm and are feeling overwhelmed during tax season…and beyond. Or just maybe, you’ve heard about Rootworks membership, but you just haven’t had a chance to take the steps toward membership yet.
Whatever the reason, we’re glad you’re here. So, let’s talk a little bit about Rootworks and how membership can help you create the firm of your dreams.
What is Rootworks?
One question you may be asking yourself is, “What exactly is Rootworks?” In simplest terms, Rootworks is the accounting profession’s premier firm-improvement organization, serving more than 1,000 small to mid-sized firms nationwide.
We empower firm leaders to create a proactive, high-performing and sustainable modern firm through one-on-one coaching, extensive online learning and training, and providing valuable CPE and access to our peer community platform with like-minded leaders and staff.
Depending on the level of membership you need, we also offer marketing solutions developed exclusively for accounting firms (more on that later) and dynamic websites to help keep your firm’s website modern and refreshed with consistent and timely content.
Our goal is to help you achieve the firm of your dreams—the one that’s staffed by the right people, has an amazing culture, offers work-life balance for you and your team, provides profitable year-round revenue…and maybe even tops Google Search results!
Now, let’s get into membership specifics.
What’s included in a Rootworks membership?
This is a great question…and it depends on the level of membership you choose (which I’ll cover in a moment). Based on your membership level, you’ll have access to:
- Business Model Basics™. The profession’s only guided firm-improvement roadmap—Business Model Basics (BMB)—was developed to help firms solve common pain points. This proven path to firm improvement focuses on four key areas in business: leadership, operations, products and experience.
- ClientView™ Our client intelligence platform allows you to easily collect, monitor and track valuable client data to support a proactive business model with our turnkey client products.
- One-on-one coaching. With no expiration date, you’ll enjoy the personalized support of expert coaching from one of our seasoned staff members. Take advantage of these sessions to help guide your firm to modern for the length of your membership.
- Online learning and training. The Rootworks online learning library is full of helpful resources, while our nearly weekly online training sessions cover everything from technology best practices and updates to building a strong culture and powerful brand presence.
- Premium content package. Our content package product offers premium, education-based content to help your firm build a sound marketing program—including eBooks, business-focused articles and newsstand-worthy client magazines. Our experienced team creates timely and relevant content for your firm to publish to communication channels.
In addition to the above, we also offer several add-ons to bolster your Rootworks membership and help you attain the firm you’ve always wanted. Those add-ons include:
- Rootworks Insights. This web-based application helps you make sense of the accounting data you already have, uncovering your best (and not-so-great) clients and dialing in on opportunities for proactive advisory services.
- Marketing Solutions. Your dedicated marketing and social media specialist handles everything from building out your Google Business Profile and online client reviews to developing and executing firm-specific social posts and email campaigns.
- Dynamic, modern websites. We ensure that your firm’s website is beautifully designed, intuitive and engaging. With everything from a client hub and integrated CMS (content management system) to automated content produced every other month, we make sure your website stays relevant and easy to navigate.
As you can see, Rootworks memberships (and add-ons) are thoughtfully and intentionally created to help firms achieve modern firm status.
What membership level is right for me?
With everything we have to offer, you may be wondering what membership level you’re ready to take on. And it all starts with where you are in terms of building a modern business model.
We have three tiers available (Digital, Advantage and Academy) based on your needs. And if you want to start simple, you always have the option to upgrade to a more extensive Rootworks experience.
So, let’s dive into each membership level.
- Digital. With our Digital membership, you’ll have self-serve access to our ClientView platform, ready-made products (e.g., payroll, outsourced accounting, cash management services and more), online resource center, vendor discounts, and the ability to chat and communicate with your peers in our Connect™ platform. You’ll also have the option to attend our annual conference, along with quarterly webinars, all while earning valuable CPE.
- Advantage. With the Advantage membership, you’ll have the same access to everything that’s included with the Digital membership—and you’ll receive monthly one-on-one coaching with our experienced team. Not only that, but you’ll have the chance to attend weekly virtual staff training sessions and access our premium content package to help your firm’s marketing efforts.
- Academy. The Academy membership is our top membership tier, which gives your firm access to our marketing experts. In addition to the tools and resources offered at the Advantage level, you’ll have access to our comprehensive marketing materials library, which includes premium branded resources like fact sheets and brochures, along with marketing coaching and our trademarked BOSS™ (Back Office Support System) product to grow your advisory services.
With three levels of membership (and access to many add-ons), your Rootworks experience is really up to you. Want to get your feet wet? Start with the Digital membership. Have a more established firm and want to level up your marketing game? Go with Academy. Whatever you choose, the Rootworks team is here for you.
Where do I start?
You’ve tried to go it alone…now it’s time to work with Rootworks. Our team offers training nearly every week on best practices, technology, how-to’s and a long list of other relevant topics. You’ll get one-on-one coaching to help take your firm from overworked and overwhelmed to modern and streamlined. All while serving your ideal clients and bringing in consistent year-round revenue.
Get started with your journey toward modern—and the firm of your dreams—by booking a demo with us.