Facing unprecedented cybersecurity risks, accounting industry forced to rethink strategy
To combat today’s cyber threats, Right Networks announces a new three-tiered approach for accounting firms and professionals
AICPA Engage, Booth #1013, Las Vegas, Nev. (June 7, 2022)—Accounting firms and professionals are facing the highest levels of cybersecurity risk in their careers. Further, experts predict the average cost to a business in the United States for a security breach to be $9.05M1—a number that would bankrupt many of today’s accounting firms and small businesses. As a result, Right Networks, a Managed Service Provider (MSP) purpose-built for accounting firms and professionals, announced today an innovative three-tiered approach to address the growing cybersecurity risks within the accounting profession.
“Most accounting firms and professionals aren’t doing enough to combat a potential cybersecurity crisis within their organization, even when the inherent risks associated with that incident would be catastrophic,” said Roman Kepczyk, Director of Firm Technology Strategy at Right Networks. “To overcome the rising threats we face, businesses need to consider the cloud for their business-critical applications, protect their workstations and continuously train their people. If each area isn’t addressed, you are putting your business and your clients’ businesses at risk.”
A three-tiered approach helps accounting firms and professionals successfully defend their business, using:
1. A secure cloud environment: Protect business-critical applications and data in a safe, private cloud environment to benefit from multiple levels of security and disaster recovery.
2. Advanced endpoint security: Ensure that any computer connected to a private cloud has enterprise-grade security that it is correctly installed, maintained and updated.
3. Training and testing: Educate employees on an ongoing basis with training and testing to help mitigate the most likely source of cyber intrusion.
1Cost of a Data Breach Report 2021, IBM
“We are facing new security threats every day in our industry and must be hypervigilant to minimize the risks we face,” said James Pantzis, CPA and owner of J.D. Pantzis CPA, PC, a New York-based tax firm. “Partnering with Right Networks, we ensure we’re protected in all areas—in the cloud, at our desks and via our employees who continuously sharpen their cybersecurity defenses through ongoing training. Best of all, our security needs are managed by Right Networks, so we don’t have to sacrifice time with our clients to constantly keep watch on the security front, because they help keep us protected.”
Right Networks offers a portfolio of security solutions tailored to the profession, including:
• Right Networks Cloud Premier: Secure and reliable cloud hosting that safeguards data with end-to-end redundancy across all systems, real-time data replication and enterprise-class multi-layer security systems—24/7/365.
• Right Networks Secure Workstation: A comprehensive, secure workstation solution to safeguard your business-critical data. Get peace of mind with additional security for all your employees with one enterprise-level solution.
• Right Networks Security Awareness Training: An employee education program that offers best practices for staying safe online using an expert-developed gamified training program.
“Now is the time for accounting firms and professionals to re-evaluate their security strategy,” said Roman Kepczyk. “Examine all areas of the business starting with their critical business applications, your employee’s security awareness and your workstations. Leaving any of these areas unchecked will leave you exposed to cyberattacks.”
To learn more about the Right Networks portfolio of security solutions, visit Booth #1013 at AICPA Engage or go here for more information.
About Right Networks
Right Networks offers accounting firms and professionals a comprehensive portfolio of managed IT solutions combined with deep expertise and guidance to make managing a modern, thriving and secure business easier. More than 8,000 accounting firms and 60,000 small to medium-sized businesses count on Right Networks to run their business every day.